Ok, so I've eventually settled on a bunch. It was a humbling experience, shooting flowers. It really challenged me.
It was a challenge to photograph the entire wall of orchids because of all the reflections of the visitors in the glass doors so I decided on a sliver.
I like this one over the one just below particularly for the lack of people. But I am curious if you had to pick which one would you go with?








I think they are all good! Of the two you were wondering about, I would pick the top one...not because of the lack of people but because of the asymmetry. The bottom one is "almost" perfectly symmetrical and "almost" is sometimes troubling. The high contrasts in many of each of our photos was an issue. For instance in my shots and Barbara's that had the yellow flowers, we lost the detail in the flowers while keeping the backgrounds balanced, good for the background, bad for the yellow flowers. But that's the same problem we all had shooting flowers with the bright blue noon sky in the background.
ReplyDelete